Spanish Classes for Kids That Make a Difference
The Spanish in Action program is designed to make learning Spanish a fun and highly academic experience. We actively create a stimulating and encouraging environment where kids can feel comfortable expressing themselves in new ways. Each lesson is built around a specific topic and set of vocabulary that is re-enforced with custom-made Spanish in Action learning materials and through the following activities:
We believe the learning curve goes up when the students are fully engaged and having fun, which is why we have made this a key point in our program.
Lessons are planned to build vocabulary and encourage conversation. Our teaching philosophy fosters a multi-sensory learning experience where students utilize all their senses to absorb the language. Lessons engage the students’ eyes with visual aids, their voice with speaking, their hands with touching objects and materials, and their hearing with listening to the teacher and to each other.
Our approach ensures that students will be able to apply their knowledge to their every-day life, rather than just in the classroom.
Your kids will come home singing in Spanish. Maria is a gifted teacher, a long life learner who continuously updates her program with the latest research in language acquisition. She keeps the students engaged with colorful materials, conversation, music and lesson packed activities.
~ Patty Dodd – Hermosa Beach
The Benefits for Kids Learning Spanish at a Young Age
Studies have shown that children exposed to a second language before the age of six have a much greater ability to learn the language than adults do because of their natural disposition to take in and retain information with their whole bodies.
Children who are exposed to a foreign language at a young age use a different part of their brain to process information. This makes them more apt to hear and copy sounds with a good accent than adults, as they tend to process language by translating into the native tongue. Young children have the ability to be fully versed in two modes of expression simultaneously, thus helping them to become bilingual with less effort than adults.
- Learn Spanish naturally and effortlessly, in the same way they learned their first language.
- Acquire a better ear for listening and a skill for multitasking.
- Learn to be more flexible in critical thinking as they learn to view things through a different lens.
- Give children the ability to communicate with people from other cultures.
- Increase and enrich opportunities for life experiences now and in the future.
- Build self esteem now, for Junior High and High school because they will be ahead of their peers in speaking Spanish.
- Help students score higher on standardized tests.
- Improves chances of college acceptance, achievement, and attainment.
- Saves you college money – if children are at an AP Spanish level in high school, when they transfer to a university, less money will be spent on basic courses.
- Increases job opportunities in many careers – knowing Spanish for certain jobs is now a must, especially in California. There are more than 400 million native Spanish speakers in the world and 21 Spanish speaking countries.
Maria Ure is the ultimate Teacher! She uses creative and innovative ways to teach Spanish to the students in her classes. Maria’s passion for working with children in a positive – interactive learning environment is evidence of the Success of all her students. Individuals who are bi-lingual are much more likely to be successful and Maria’s Spanish Classes provide the access to the global community in which they will live and work. As a former school Principal, I HIGHLY Recommend Spanish in Action!
~ Debbie Saviano – Texas